DAY 1: Tuesday’s session (short week), back blocking and butt joints, Calculations, Communication, Read and interpret plans. Not exactly riveting for students in the trades
But the basic skills that are required to be a competent trades person.
Through out the old session plans and asked:
- What would you like to know about those units?
- Why are we learning them?
- How do they fit into everyday trades people’s lives?
- What happens at work?
- Why do these things happen?
- Are they right and do they work?
- How do you know they are right?
- Where would you go or how would you find out if they were right?
- Do you know what a competent person does, looks like and knows about these units and how do you know that?
This applied to all of the topics.
Self and Peer Assessment of work completed on Tuesday(Practical work) in work bays all students participated in the assessment process, commenting on their own work and one other person’s work standards, methods, and resulting finish.